Nick Cafardo

Nick Cafardo was a baseball writer...

...which made me really like him.

He wrote for the Boston Globe...

...which was tough for me because he loved the Red Sux.

Yet, I kept following him, and reading his stories, and arguing with him.

He was that good as a baseball writer!

Yesterday, at the age of 62, he died of an embolism.

At spring training.

Obviously, that’s way too young.

It’s way too tragic.

It makes very little sense.

I thought about how much I’d miss reading his stories as he gloated about the Sux winning it all.

I considered how I’d miss his column this year, just before the big Yankees-Red Sux Series.

Earlier this year he was bragging about the Sux beating the Yankees in the division series and I made a comment about Boston having the “highest payroll in the history of the sport.”

(That’s absolutely true).

Nick answered me:

“LOL...a Yankees fan talking about payroll!”

We had a couple of other exchanges through the years...

...as Yankees-Red Sux fans are bound to.

I’ll miss his writing excellence and his love for the best sport ever.

Then I thought about his real life...

...the pain that his family and his friends are feeling.

Damn.

So, this is actually a blog post to all the Red Sox fans out there...

...I feel for you.

You lost a member of the Boston sports family that I actually liked!

Nick Cafardo

May he Rest In Peace.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie