One Drive

So, the Super Bowl was lame, huh?

A defensive struggle was hardly anticipated, Maroon 5 didn’t exactly set anyone’s heart fluttering, and the commercials were nothing special.

Yet, the game was tied at 3 in the 4th and everyone was being lulled to sleep when the Patriots picked up 8 yards on a pass to the flat. The next play was run quickly and picked up about a dozen.

It felt different than the whole rest of the game.

“They’re scoring a touchdown really soon,” I said to my beautiful wife.

3 plays later it was 10-3. And if you watch that drive it’s the only one that doesn’t fit. The tempo was way different.

Caught Rams on their heels.

But game wasn’t close to being over.

“Now he brings pressure and gets a pick.”

I felt like Romo because it’s exactly what happened.

I get that people are really tired of seeing the Patriots win...

...not much of the country was thrilled, but I’m fascinated with their journey.

I thought Father Time had caught Brady. When the Bills played them late in the season he looked awful.

Then the playoffs started.

They won 3 games over teams that were more talented.

That’s the fact.

Should’ve lost to Chargers, Chiefs and Rams.

Didn’t.

6 titles in the 2000’s.

Love ‘em, hate ‘em, call them cheaters...

...remarkable run...

...anyway you want to put it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie