Hardened Criminal

“He’s unrepentant and if he ever gets out he will break the law again.”

That is the sentencing statement that was prepared for Paul Manafort.

A fascinating story.

Yet, it amazes me. There are so many people out there who can muddle through without a conscience.

How do they do that???

The nuns did a number on me. I make myself feel guilty over things I’ve never done! I’m a firm believer in the idea that you should earn every nickel that slides through your hands, but I marvel at these rich bastards who amass a fortune by taking advantage of loopholes, and stepping on the necks of everyone.

When will the rage of the masses be turned in their direction?

I stepped onto a job last week.

It was on the rooftop of a downtown building that hasn’t yet been closed in.

It was 3 degrees. The wind was whipping across the extremely, dangerously slippery deck.

“Whoa!” A young kid who was working up there said. “Why are you here? Most safety dudes are sitting in a warm office.”

“You’re here, I’m here,” I said.

“We should be one of those welfare guys, sitting home on their couch, taking our money.”

Fair enough, but as my life moves along I have not been shy about talking about the real problem whenever that’s brought up.

“Or one of the fat cats, pushing computer keys, taking millions without regard of anything.”

The kid was with me on it.

“Yeah! Like Kushner! Imagine that skinny geek up here!! He makes $300 million a year. Doing what? God Bless him, I guess. Doesn’t pay a dime in taxes.”

So, the kid KNEW that, but off the bat...

...he went after a guy on welfare, getting $600 a month to eat.

Manafort lived his entire life as a big-shot businessman.

He lived in luxury for decades even though he was breaking one law after another and never being held accountable.

Why is that normal?

There are rumors about the tax returns we all want to see from a certain guy who claims to be a billionaire.

Some of the rumors say that zero taxes were paid and zero income was claimed.

A “billionaire” claiming to have zero or next to zero income?

400 people have amassed fortunes that exceed hundreds of millions of guys on roofs in 3 degree weather?

Who do you think is working harder?

So, Manafort will go away. He’s unlikely to be fully pardoned although attempts will be made to set him free.

That’s the thing about crooks.

They stick together.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie