Five Musicians

A twitter post asked:

“If you could only listen to 5 musicians for the rest of your life, who would it be?”

The first answer was easy, of course:

The god of music.

Springsteen.

Number two was easy as well.

I love Mark Knopfler’s guitar, and his solo records are spectacular. I get his Dire Straits stuff two.

Number 3 was also a no-brainer.

The Stones were my first love in music.

I couldn’t live without Memory Motel or anything off Exile on Main Street, Some Girls, Tattoo You or more and more and more.

I crank that up.

Then I started thinking.

Number 4, after I thought about it a little more, was also a choice I had to make.

Mellencamp.

His new stuff is also very worthy of millions of listens.

A ton of good work.

Then I got a little nervous.

Only one spot left.

I thought about The Beatles, Bob Seger, The Cars, Pink Floyd, Van Morrison, The Who, Billy Joel, Roger Waters, Bob Dylan, Rod Stewart...

...love them all.

But there’s just one spot!

Who has enough there to warrant that last pick?

Who do I have loaded up on my phone, IPod and in my CD collection.

Who makes me crank it up?

Tom Petty gets the spot.

I’d be good with my five.

Would never be bored.

I feel good about it.

Who you got?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie