What If He Throws 7 Picks?

My boys were fired up!

The Bills has laid two eggs in a row, but there was hope!

They were starting Nate Peterman...

...a guy who’d throw it down the field instead of tossing screen passes.

Jake was soundly for the idea.

Sam was against it, but by game time was leading the “Nate! Nate!! Nate!!!” Cheers.

I just wanted to see the kid do okay.

He didn’t.

He threw an interception on his third play.

 “It wasn’t his fault,” Jake said.

And it wasn’t.

“What if he throws 7 picks?” I asked.

Both boys looked at me with fire in their eyes.

Three plays later he had #2.

I didn’t see the third or fourth.

When the kid threw his fifth I was truly feeling bad for him.

Historically awful.

I thought about it in the context of being a Dad.

If that kid were my kid, why would I say?

Turns out my kids were fine with it.

“It blows to be a Buffalo sports fan,” Jake said.

“We can still go 11-5,” Sam reminded.

Poor Peterman.

Poor Jake.

Poor Sam.

Poor Buffalo!

You gotta’ believe.

Also, poor Pops. He went all the way out to L.A. for the game. When it was 37-7 I texted him and asked if he was having fun.

I can’t print his answer.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie