Manson Is Dead

He got 83 years.

Isn’t that a kick in the head?

All those days for a man who was basically the face of evil for all of my life.

I was just a kid when all those murders went down. I actually remember a little of the news coverage...

...just snippets on the news and my parents talking about it.

They kept us away from it. You could do that back then.

I wonder how such a massacre would be covered these days. Certainly we have grown accustomed to some of the violence.

Manson was no more of a monster than the guy in Vegas, was he?

But I also wonder how many books, movies and films have been made about Manson.

I’ve seen plenty.

I’ve read all about it.

Still shakes me a bit.

Manson and Helter Skelter are synonymous.

He was a failed musician.

A failed prophet.

A complete nightmare...

...and he had a following.

When you read the books or watch the films you’re struck by the men and women who got trapped into a way of thinking, and did things that they would not normally do.

People believe what they want to believe when it makes no sense at all.

Could someone like Manson come around again?

I think so.

I believe that some people are following the lead of men who aren’t worthy...

...right now!

It’s funny, but when you look back you wonder how...

...how did Manson get a following?

How did Hitler take over Germany?

How do people get brain-washed into believing something that they know is wrong?

It’s not so far-fetched to me now.

See ya’, Charlie.

Hope you packed your short pants.

It’s gonna’ be hot where you’re going.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie