Happy Birthday John

“We played king of the mountain out on the end.

The world came charging up the hill and we were women and men.”

I have a lot of trouble listening to Springsteen sing “Blood Brothers.”

It came on E-Street Radio the other day, though, and I thought of my brothers.

I listen to my boys play now...

...they can all make each other laugh.

Every once in awhile they get pissed at each other.

“Let ‘em Go. They’re all right,” I’ll say to Kathy.

“They’re screaming at each other.”

“So what,” I’ll answer. “They’ll be fine.”

And they will. They’re really tight.

Like I am, with all of my siblings.

Yet, life came charging up that hill.

It does for all of us.

Today is John’s Birthday.

My first, best buddy.

We did play king of the mountain (he won).

We had boxing matches (he won).

Ran foot races (he won).

And did so many other things together.

Day after day, year after year...

“I’ll be moving through the dark...

...with you in my heart...

...my blood brother.”

Happy Birthday!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie