Taking Our Lives In Our Hands

An interesting week that started with a Sunday trip to beautiful Iowa.

Then a 15 hour day that started in Iowa and ended with me stopping at 4 hotels looking for a room in Rhode Island. There was a power outage and at 11 p.m. I was being told that there was no room at the inn. Kathy ended up finding me a place by looking around on the Internet as I drove aimlessly.

"Who's your savior?" She asked.

So, long days.

And with the rain pouring down on Thursday morning I decided to start slowly. I put on the Today Show.

First story was about a guy who went into a Wal-Mart and starred shooting customers.

Second story was about the ISIS idiot who ran over people on bikes in NYC.

A month ago a man shot people at a concert as if he were at a fair shooting yellow ducks.

And as it happened, I heard my boy close the door as he went out into the world.

My wife works at a hospital where one of their doctors shot a receptionist a few years back.

Stopping for a coffee these days may be your last stop.

Thoughts and Prayers.

All we can seem to do.

Thoughts and prayers!

I don't even think that most people could give you the name of the Vegas shooter!

Not that his name is all that important, but they're all blending together.

American citizens going about their days...

...getting slaughtered.

For no reason.

Thoughts and prayers...

...indeed.

There has to be a better answer.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Hot & Dusty