What Color?

I had a bright idea.

I'd handle the 3 New York City area jobs by flying out, renting a car and flying home.

Promised to be a long day, and it was, but it's awfully odd to be in New York and then be home to the same bed you woke up in.

And no matter how many times I've been there I'm always surprised by how big it is. We were flying into LaGuardia and the city was right there to be taken in.

From up above, you can still see how massive it is, but it also seems a whole lot less intimidating. You make up for that when you get on the ground.

"Where the hell is the rental car station?" I kept asking myself as I wandered around. I finally asked a man who looked to be in a uniform of sorts.

"Purple," he said, and was gone.

Think of that:

"Where the rental car station?"

"Purple."

Moments later a bus pulled up:

"Purple Route," it said.

"Where you going?" The driver asked.

"Rental car," I said.

He looked as if I'd just said 'purple.'

"Which one?"

"Alamo," I said.

He opened the door.

"Red," he said.

Are you freaking kidding me?

I was about to ask him when the Red Route bus would be by, but he closed the door.

The red route bus was there a minute later.

"Where?" This driver asked.

"Alamo," I said.

I was waiting for him to say 'Green,' so I just kinda' stood there.

"You wanna' sit or you gonna' stand by me?" He asked.

I laughed.

He didn't.

New York is a big scary place, but about 10 hours later I returned the rental car, got on the purple bus and got back to the correct terminal.

"If you can make it there, you'll make it anywhere."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie