Sixty-Three Cents A Day

Was watching a rerun of Law & Order on Saturday and a commercial for the ASPCA flashed on the screen. Melky & Paris were hanging out with Me.

Both were snoring, up on the couch.

"Look at the doggies," I said.

But the dogs on television were sad.

The woman was speaking softly, letting me know that many of those dogs needed to be saved.

"You two had steak scraps for dinner," I told my dogs.

There was a boxer with big eyes in a small cage.

"You went for a ride in the car."

A German Sheperd looking emancipated.

"Melky took a late morning nap on a heated blankie."

The narrator was reminding me that just $19 a month would save those poor dogs.

I think I spend $19 a day on these two.

The commercial was really working on me though.

I love dogs.

"There's no one singing songs to those poor dogs," I said.

Melky and Paris didn't even look up at those poor dogs in the cages.

They've won the doggy lottery.

Wish I could save a hundred of them.

63 cents a day.

Guess who wrote down the number.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie