Can't Do It!

So, the World Series is over.

I watched here and there, but didn't much care for either team.

The celebrating made it a miserable experience for me.

Yeah, yeah, I know...

...get with the times old man!

But did you see Correa jump out of the dugout to greet his teammates?

Or how about Joc Pederson doing pirouettes as he got between third and home?

The guy on the mound certainly noticed.

And I thought about some of the pitchers from my youth:

Bob Gibson, Roger Clemens, Pedro, Nolan Ryan...

...when I considered Ryan facing Joc on the day after he pulled that little dance...

...I smiled.

Ryan would've smoked him as many times as he could before getting tossed.

If Pederson would've challenged him Ryan would've pummeled him at the mound.

And I know.

The kids don't mind it.

Baseball supposedly needs excitement.

Not to those of us who enjoy it anyway.

To us the celebrating is absolutely annoying.

Bat flips...

...I don't like em but I can see getting caught up in the moment.

Admiring a .500 feet bomb...

...Mantle did it. Reggie did it.

Called it styling.

Correa and Altuve were out of the dugout and dancing on an RBI groundout last night!

Dancing!!

Damn.

Want excitement?

Ryan would've made the next batter an exciting at-bat.

Why do they have to change my game?

"Hey you kids get off of my lawn!"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Hot & Dusty