Curtiss Hotel

It was a project that took an awfully long time.

The owners were promising that the Curtiss Hotel would one day be a luxury hotel, but when those projects begin, it is hard to visualize.

I visited the site plenty of times. It was a good project that seemed to take forever. As it gets close to being done, I often move onto the next big one, never actually seeing the finished product. I still have not been back to 716, the Pegula Project next to the hockey arena. That job was a particular pain in the ass.

Yet, on Saturday night we booked an evening away at the Curtiss Hotel.

The place was jumping.

People were heading in and heading to the rooftop lounge. There was also a bar on the ground floor. When we were checking in there were a half dozen young girls in the lobby, wrapped in towels.

They’d just got out of the hot spring pool that went from inside the building to the outside. We were certainly down for that experience.

Mind you, my day started with lobster for lunch with my brother, sister, brother-in-Law for Mom’s Birthday. We ate well, and then the waitress explained that there was no bill.

My sister, Carrie Lynn, had called the restaurant and paid the bill!

Went for an hour massage after that...

...got my legs back!

Then the hot springs.

The hotel room was great too, but there was something going on with the toilet. Every time I got near it, it made a noise.

“The toilet seat is heated,” Kathy explained.

Yet there was also a remote control thingy on the wall.

“What’s up with this thing?” I asked.

The instructions read:

‘Front, Rear, Drying.’

“It washes and dries you,” Kathy said.

“Are you freaking kidding me?”

We shall leave all discussions about who did and didn’t use this particular feature, but it was certainly available.

The shower?

There were at least 6 shower heads.

It was amazing that I was able to turn the damn thing on, but I tell you this...

...if the toilet doesn’t clean you...

...the shower freaking does!

I almost hit the deck when the water hit me!

We watched NetFlix, turned on the lights and opened the curtains by using an I-pad that was next to the bed.

Someone pulled our car up to the front entrance, and since we booked the room using hotel points that I had to either use or lose...

...the bill for our stay came to:

$0.00

“This has been a good day,” I said.

It was crazy to see the finished hotel.

I got away cheap...

...I think...

...I may be buying a new toilet.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie