Nothing Left to Say

I went the entire week without writing about the massacre in Texas.

There's nothing to say.

"It is what it is," as they say, but as the week went along I was absolutely horrified by the reaction.

"Prayers work," Paul Ryan said.

That's the response????

Prayers?

I've been a good catholic boy all my life. I learned all the prayers as a kid.

I still say them.

But that's the answer?

Why don't we have morning prayers before the start of the day...

..."Dear God, please stop all Americans from shooting one another today. We especially ask You to make sure that the mentally ill people with a hundred guns only shoot cans today. Thank you!"

Paul Ryan think that will work?

I'm skeptical!

And Facebook and Twitter were alive with the debate.

People arguing for the rights of the shooter.

The president checked in:

"Not a gun issue! A mental health issue."

The mentally ill were reinstated as gun owners by his decree earlier in the year.

Dude was kicked out of the Air Force.

He fractured the skull of his child.

He beat his wife.

He broke out of a mental health facility.

He beat a dog.

Then he bought 4 guns...

...because of a "glitch".

Because he passed the stringent background check.

I guess prayers is what is left...

...because we are absolutely helpless here.

Nothing left to discuss.

I'll get us started.

"In the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit...

...please don't let anyone slaughter 100 people today."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Hot & Dusty