Your Phone Is Pissing You Off

At least mine is.

They actually did a long research study on the way we use our phones...

...and that's what they came up with.

While we enjoy receiving notifications from our friends...

...everything else is driving us insane.

Let's see:

This is what beeps and/or buzzes for me:

Phone calls, texts, emails, Facebook notifications, Twitter messages, Yankees scoring changes, major news alerts, and any alarms that I might set.

That's a lot of information coming at you in the course of a day.

And of course, that's how business is done these days.

I actually don't get a lot of straight up phone calls anymore.

My beautiful wife prefers to call, some of the older owners call, but if the phone rings it's usually someone I haven't met yet.

I have Bruce for a ring tone...

...I actually alternate between Bruce, the Stones and Mellencamp because I don't want to leave one song there too long because I'll end up hating it.

Is there any sound you hate more than your morning alarm???

Lately there have been days when I've dreamed of not looking at my phone for hours.

Never happen...

...but I do set it aside now and then because I know that the research is true:

My phone pisses me off.

To be fair, though, I now wake up even earlier so that I can check things out (and get my leg stretching done) before I get up.

And I read the news and sports from the night before.

And if the news doesn't piss you off these days..

...well, then you aren't paying close enough attention.

Someday.

I'll take a day and set the phone down.

All those chimes, alarms, beeps, vibrates...

...will be silenced.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie