Just So Stupid

I suppose I have to check in on the Trump-Wilson-Kelly-Johnson deal.

Let's check the story out:

1). Without prompting Trump attacks Obama and other presidents about not calling the families of those killed on the battlefield. He did it in his "I'm not sure, but I heard" bullshit way of being nasty. That's so he can deny it later when he's proven to be wrong.

Whatever. It's petty and nasty and so stupid. In such a horrible circumstance what happens between the president and the family should remain there. The world doesn't need to know.

2). So, then he called the family of David Johnson and tried to relay a message that General Kelly had told him. When Kelly expressed the idea that Johnson died doing what he wanted to do, it sounded beautiful and honorable. Evidently that message was lost in translation as Trump's words, as reported by the congresswoman Wilson and then the family, sounded callous, as reported by the media.

3). Trump jumped on it calling the congresswoman a liar. Then the family backed up her story. Kelly tried to clean it up and attacked the congresswoman, claiming that he was "stunned! Stunned!" By someone being mean enough to listen in and then call out Trump.

All so freaking stupid and so demeaning to a soldier, 4 soldiers, actually who died tragically.

My thoughts?

First, Trump started it with nastiness by attacking past presidents. Then, the congresswoman should've let the family make the statement about Trump's words of "comfort." The congresswoman happened to be in the car. The family put the call on speaker. It wasn't like she put a tin can up against the wall to listen in.

Second, if Trump screwed up the message, so be it. What's wrong with calling the family and saying "I was trying to honor your son. It's a tough call to make. I'm sorry if it didn't go like I thought it should."

(He doesn't apologize though. He attacks!)

So, thirdly, he sent out Kelly, who is supposed to be above reproach, I guess. Except, he may have blew it when he attacked Wilson.

It was his "Stunned! Stunned!!" Comment that got me.

He was "Stunned! Stunned!!" That Wilson supposedly made a speech about herself when she was supposed to be honoring fallen soldiers?????

Does he realize who he works for????

Trump makes everything about himself!!!

When interviewed immediately following 9/11 he said:

"I have the tallest buildings in Manhattan now."

He could turn a conversation about an orphan, handicapped, deaf mute into a plug about how well he golfed on the 3rd hole!

He's the most selfish human any of us have ever listened to!

So, fine. It's all really stupid!

4 men died.

(Kind of like Benghazi).

There are no answers.

The men who died deserve dignity. Their families deserve to hear words of comfort. Does anyone need this garbage???

I listened in on Jeff Sessions being grilled this week.

The people questioning him sounded like 3rd graders saying "you did it!"

Sessions couldn't or wouldn't give a straight answer on anything.

And I thought:

"This is what these people are paid to do?"

Argue like idiots?

Tell lie after lie after lie??

Be nasty?

And it's all of them.

Spoiled bastards.

If they were my children I'd cut them off about 8 seconds into their inane explanations of how "it wasn't me, it was him."

"Get to your room," I'd say. "Come back out when you're ready to tell the truth, and stop acting like a baby."

Can't we do that?

With all of them????


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie