Game 5 - Do Or Die

Three times this past week the Yankees had to win or they were done for the year.

They won all three.

Wish I could say that I enjoyed every minute of it. The tension is almost too much, and while this year's team wasn't supposed to be there yet.

They're there. Might as well win.

There was a moment in the Yankees 1-0 win on Sunday night when I thought:

"Damn, what a great game."

It was a specific at-bat, actually.

Tanaka versus Jay Bruce. Tanaka throws the ball to the low part of the strike zone. Bruce is a great low-ball hitter.

The first pitch was low, Bruce swung through it. The next pitch was lower. He missed that too. I was thinking about Tanaka changing the eye level to get strike three.

He went lower.

Another swing and miss.

I actually laughed.

There's not a better game.

And tonight there's a Game 5.

Cleveland is home with their ace on the mound.

Yankees are starting the old dog, and playing with house money.

Winner takes all.

The intensity within the family will be too much to take. My father-in-law and brother-in-law are rabid Indians fans.

They thought it would be an easy series.

They're learning what I've known all year:

The Yankees are good.

Thursday will be a tough day in someone's house.

May the game be decided by the guys on the field who are actually playing the game, and not the umpires.

And, oh yeah:

Go Yankees!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie