Pins & Needles

I didn't enjoy watching the baseball game on Wednesday night.

It was a good game, mind you, but I was so tense all the way through.

I enjoyed it at a little before midnight.

For about three minutes before I went to bed, and I woke up with a singular thought...

...a great thought....

...as I've done since the age of 12 after a big game:

"The Yankees won."

And a long time ago, George Steinbrenner was asked why he cared so much about winning:

"Because Yankees fans have better days when we do," he said.

Well, Uncle George forgot the other side of the coin:

"Non-Yankees fans have bad days when they win."

And judging from the heat I take when the Yankees do lose...

...well, good for them.

Suffer a little.

Because the Yankees are back.

It was a long and painful rebuild...

...the Yankees had to trade Andrew Miller to the Indians so he could get a ring since the Yankees weren't going to compete...

...now he can watch the Yankees play for the chance to go to the series.

Oh.

One other thing:

Yankees fans are a tad obnoxious with the whole winning and rings thing:

So.

Start spreading the news.

Theeeeeeee Yankeeeeeeees Wiiiiiiiiiinnnnnn!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie