Theeeee Yankees Win (Nope)

👎 👎 👎 👎 👎

Didn't happen.

The Yankees had a golden opportunity to close out a good Astros team, but just couldn't catch a break in Houston.

During a magical season they often got clutch homers and fine pitching. A lot of breaks went there way during the season, and they won games by coming back late, scoring in bunches, and wiggling their way out of jams by striking out batters.

👎 👎 👎 👎 👎

Didn't work out that way on Friday and Saturday.

Runners thrown out at the plate.

Balls being caught at or over the wall.

Pitchers almost escaping a jam, and then giving up a bouncer through the infield.

That's baseball.

And I kept waiting for them to have the big inning, but they swung over curves...

...as Houston played their aggression against them.

That's what happens with young players.

A couple of years from now, Bird, Judge and Sanchez will lay off the off-speed stuff...

...and hopefully strikes will be called strikes....

And there will be more consistent hitting.

On Saturday, in the 7th inning, down 4-0, I was feeling a lot of angst.

"It's been a great season," I thought. "They played really hard."

And Paris, my slap-happy dog, came over and jumped in my lap.

She was happy.

And the angst went away.

Just like that!

I watched the rest of the game in relative peace.

And then the texts, posts and messages came in...

...busting my chops.

"Theeeee Yankeeeeees lose!"

"Start Spreading the News!"

One close friend, who hates the Yankees because I love them asked, tenderly:

"Are you okay, Muffin?"

Take a wild guess how I answered him.

Things will be okay.

This one didn't even sting a little.

Would've been really special, but was proud of the effort of the Baby Bombers.

I have a feeling that I'll be sending a "Are you all right, Muffin?" Message back fairly soon.

It was a fun season.

I'm okay.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Hot & Dusty