Fires, Fury & Scouts

So the girls can join the Boy Scouts.

Am I missing something here?

Can boys join the Girl Scouts?

Why is this a issue?

Ah well. Do as you will, I guess.

I saw a couple of crazy viral videos on Tuesday night.

First, there was the horrible images from Northern California...

...the fire raging through, destroying everything and everyone in its path, and they have no idea how it started or how to contain it.

Just tragic and coming off massive hurricanes, the Las Vegas massacre and soldiers getting killed...

...makes it tough to even watch the news.

 I do know that seeing the images of destroyed lives was almost too much to take.

And the fury.

My son sent me the viral video of Eminem doing a freestyle rap that absolutely destroyed the president.

It was more than interesting.

It was a protest song in the new format of what music has become.

I'm not the biggest fan of the medium, but my boys have set aside songs that they might think I can handle because of the writing.

The Eminem video was well done.

Fans of the 94-year old grandma (as he referred to the orange one - another reference) will not be down with what was said...

...but, and this is the important part, we have to allow him the space to create the message.

"This Land Is Your Land" is a protest song.

"Born in the U.S.A." Had a protest-sentiment attached.

Neil Young, Roger Waters, Bob Seger, Bob Dylan, John Fogerty...

...protest songwriters.

It's important to the process of a free country...

...as is a free press.

Fake News?

Crooked This or Crooked That.

Suck it up.

Take the shots.

Donald didn't respond.

He wouldn't dare, I don't think.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie