Flat-Out....Again

Got cortisone injections in my hip on Friday, and it was kind of comical because I was tossed a pair of paper shorts prior to the shots.

Couldn't get the ones she gave me over my thighs. I checked the tag: "Medium."

WTF?

I rifled through the drawer where the doc had grabbed the shorts, found what I thought were a bigger pair, and was pulling them up (and getting them stuck in the same spot) when the door opened.

Had my own tighty-whities on or it might've been like the George Constanta shrinkage episode, but doc laughed anyway.

"I haven't been a freaking medium for 30 years!" I said.

We both laughed.

"Doesn't matter. I have to cut them anyway."

Took the shots, reminding myself that I was in for a nasty backache for 48 hours or so. Happens every time, but a funny thing about it. It still sneaks up on you!

So, highly uncomfortable on Friday night and all day Saturday.

"That sucks," a buddy of mine tweeted. "You've suffered a lot with that."

"Better than cancer," I said.

We all have our battles.

Yet, as I was dressing after the shot I saw my computer file on the screen:

"Herniated disks in back and neck. Osteoarthritis in hip and feet. Left foot complication from surgery. Further treatments required. No timetable for full relief."

Still better than cancer.

Not great for golf, or everyday life, but it was the weekend.

Baseball was on.

Melky is good with time in the rack.

It's all in how you look at it.

(Happy Birthday to my buddy Jeff Renaldo...I've known him since I was a medium...

...I know he's root, root, rooting for the Yankees).

NOT!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie