Baseball ⚾️ Playoffs

It used to be an annual thing.

I'd be so tired in October from watching the Yankees battle deep into the night that when they finally didn't make it to the World Series in 2002, I was actually a little relieved.

This year's team has been so much fun that I would've been disappointed had they not won the wild card game.

I wanted more.

So, the matchup with the Indians was something I was looking forward to.

But I forgot about the being tired part!

Been getting up at around 5:15 every day.

That's no good when the game ends at 11:15 like it did on Thursday.

"Sleep fast," my Dad used to say.

And everyone keeps talking about the games taking too long. They do, I suppose, but make no mistake, it's not all about the game.

Way more commercials!!

Way more pitching changes!!!

Way more throws to first and walks to the mound to talk!!!

And the announcers talk and talk and talk and talk.

Baseball doesn't have to be over-analyzed. Just let us watch them play.

I enjoy baseball at the old leisurely pace.

Playoff baseball is great because of what's on the line, but man, take a breath! We don't need to know the name of the batter's dog.l

We don't need to know how many pitches the guy throws or how fast the last pitch was, or that the guy hit .575 in high school.

But, hopefully I will be tired this October, and that it pays off.

In number 28...

...so I can aggravate the hell out of all non-Yankees fans for 12 solid months.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie