The First Golf Outing of the Year


Jeffy rolled a 35-foot putt to the lip of the cup...just missing the par.

"Ahh, that's a shame," came from three different mouths.

We were all tipping our caps to my bro with one of his best lines.

And that's how the early part of the first golf outing of the year went.

The scores weren't close.

One guy shot a 73...the rest were all right around the century mark.

(Yeah, stupid Miller had to show off with an eagle, some birdies and a lot of pars).

Me, you ask?

I can roll out of bed and hit my drive right down the middle and that's what I did all day.

Erratic with the chipping and putting...consistent everywhere else.

The thing that about my round is that I might have set the course record for saying:

"This is perfect."

I love the game.

I love wondering what we should do on the next hole, and talking about nothing other than, 'nice shot' and 'which way does it break?'

Of course, there was something that I knew was coming.

My body got real tired around the 13th hole and by 17 I was limping across the course. I was in air casts to chase some of the pain from my feet, but nothing was going to stop me from smiling.

Great friends.

The sun even showed up.

Two hot dogs at the turn.

And I broke 100.

Did I mention that Mildew picked up the tab as well?

Great day.

Hoping it doesn't snow again this week.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie