A Hole In One

I watched Jack Nicklaus hit a hole in one at the par 3 during the Master's festivities on Wednesday.

He's 75 years old!

I know a great lady who's hit a hole-in-one at a par 3 course out in Syracuse.

A buddy of mine has one - so he says...let's see the ball, Millie.

Well...I have a story.

Let me set the scene.

I was invited to play in a company tournament in Syracuse. I was scheduled to tee-off at 10 a.m.

10 a.m. is not a problem - even with a 2.5 hour drive in - normally - but this was a different Saturday.

I spent Friday night at my 25-year high school reunion.

I didn't get home until after 3 a.m. - (This was year's ago! I'm not up at 3 a.m. these days - unless I have to pee).

Anywhoha...

I drove into the parking lot at 5 minutes to ten.

The other members of my foursome were at the tee yelling at me to hurry up.

I set the tee in the ground and chose a low iron for the 185 par three...years ago...I don't even swing low irons anymore...

I swung.

We couldn't see the green, but my cart partner and buddy, Tim, was fired up:

"You're on the green!" Tim shouted.

We got closer.

"Dude! I think it's a tap-in for birdie!" Tim screamed.

A little closer!

"Dude! It's stuck between the flag and the hole!" Tim yelled.

I started to shake.

Finally!

A f&%*ing hole-in-one!

"We pull out the flag, it's gonna' fall in the hole!" Tim exclaimed.

I started looking for my phone.

We arrived at the green.

The ball was on the lip.

It wasn't stuck between the flag and the hole.

What it needed was one more revolution.

It seriously was not a blade of grass away from falling into that damn hole!

We stood over the top of it.

We both jumped.

The ball just sat there.

Tim put his arm around my shoulder as we stared down.

"It might as well be a mile away," Tim whispered.

F&%*ing Jack Nicklaus!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie