Disheartening


I spent the best summer of my life in Baltimore.

I really have a soft spot for the city as my wonderful cousins live there. My sister lives there and my college friends settled there after we left Gannon.

So it is truly disheartening to see what's going on there.

Yet it is not a reflection on just Baltimore.

Things are going on all across this great country.

Who ever thought we'd see such scenes played out in the United States...more than a few times a year?

Not me.

Yet people are becoming disconnected, disenchanted, discouraged and disoriented.

And that's disheartening.

As it all played out I sorta sat back and just read the reactions. I'm afraid to say anything at all because I'm not a man who is harassed by the police. I'm not a man who has a reason to be, either.

Yet the reactions to all of it may be even worse than the tragic issue that is becoming the absolutely strained relationship between those who are supposed to keep the peace and those who threaten it.

The protesters are wrong. Their reactions are ridiculous.


The fight for civil rights was never truly about torching the local CVS Store after robbing it blind.

Yet there are reactions to the protests that are sickening as well.

Folks calling the protesters every single name they can think of.

I was talking through the situation with a smart man the other day.

Neither of us has an answer.

It's gonna' be a long walk home to the place where the rights of all Americans was respected.

Folks are sick of a lot of things.

There's a sub-city where laws don't seem to matter....

...to either side.

And that's disheartening.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie