D.B. of the Week - Britt McHenry

A fairly easy choice this week.

McHenry made it a no-brainer, of sorts, and my dear friend, Diane, made the request.

So.

Here goes:

The tape was edited. The towing company may be out to 'screw' folks who have to pay heavy fees to get their cars back.

That's all McHenry has going for her and I bring that up because there are people out there who are trying to defend her actions and words!!!

There are folks who say that her privacy was violated and that we are all prone to such huge shows of emotion!!!

Some folks believe that she shouldn't be suspended by ESPN!!!

And she's sooo sorry.

But none of that takes away the coveted D.B. of the Week Award from her.

Because we've all known folks like her.

And they suck.

McHenry's tirade included a reference to the trailer that the service worker lives in. It touted her own entitled life and then paid special notice to the fact that she was pretty and the girl was not.

"Lose some weight, honey," she chided.

(The 'chided' is for my dear friend, Kim).

Yet that's not chiding someone.

That's being a colossal bitch who has no idea what it means to work a day in her life.

Yeah. I'd be pissed if my car got towed. I might even lash out.

But not like that.

I do know that I would be able to show enough restraint.

I have a job that allows me to correct men who are toiling in jobs that are less than ideal on some days. There are moments when the men I'm talking to don't feel much like listening to the words of a guy who's hands are not calloused.

Sometimes they push back.

Sometimes they get mean.

I work real hard not to get mean back...because the interesting thing is...in a whole lot of ways I know that they have better talents than me.

The talents are just different.

McHenry's main talent is that she looks like a Barbie doll, I suppose, and I say that not to be mean, but just because of the face that she has now put forward.

She went on the attack.

I travel a bit to the same hotel in the same city. There is a service staff at the hotel, of course, and they clean the room after I leave.

I get up to leave so early when I'm there that I often see them gathered in the front room before they head off to do their work. My mind will sometimes drift to the personal battles that they face each and every day. They're cleaning up after folks who supposedly have more important days ahead of them.

I'm not naive enough to romanticize it, but no matter what happens, I make sure to leave a tip on the dresser.. Some will do their jobs sloppily. Some will put every ounce of everything they have into it.

None of them deserves even one of us looking down on them.

Where does anyone possibly get off doing something like that?

Get over yourself, Britt.

You're not all that special.

Where Britt really loses me is when she fails to even consider one single thing about the woman that she's berating.

When we fail to find compassion in our own hearts for total strangers we are giving into everything that is absolutely hateful that lives in our own heart.

Britt is so sorry.

It's not enough.

You don't care for the fact that she's suspended?

Well.

I'm not sure what to say to that.

I certainly don't deny her right to work.

But maybe she should work in a soup kitchen for the week she's off.

It might do her some good to know...

...that the people she looks down on are still people.

We're all riders on this train.

The blondes don't deserve to sit up front.

Enjoy the D.B. of the Week honor...

...you really earned it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Hot & Dusty