Baseball Preview - 2015

It's opening day!

You wouldn't know it with the freaking snow on the freaking ground, but the best day of the year has arrived!

Say it with me!!!

Let's Go Yankees!!!

So far this spring I'm a little agitated with the down expectations for the 27-Time Greatest Franchise in the History of Organized American Sports. To hear the sportswriters say it, they have no chance.

Well...I'm here to tell you that they do.

I'm not a pie-in-the-sky guy though so I must say that there's also a chance that they don't win it all. Too many "I hope he stays healthy" guys on the roster.

Yet...if it all breaks right... they can win.

Their pitching will be good. Maybe great. They have a whole bunch of power arms.

So...here we go.

A-Rod's 20 homers aside...the:

2015 Predictions.

(And I must tell you...my boys go back to these blogs as my predictions fall apart...they beat me over the head with it...telling me how stupid I am).

Fair enough:

NL East:

Washington - they will edge out the Mets. Yeah, the Mets! Yet Washington spent a ton of cash in an effort to buy it. They bought the division at least.

NL Central:

St. Louis - This is usually Cards just over Pirates - same this year, but if Pirates win it...I wouldn't be surprised.

NL West:

Dodgers - Their payroll is $72 million higher than any other team. Mattingly still has a place in my heart. They'll beat out the Giants and Padres.

Wild Cards:

Pirates and Mets - Yeah...kills me to pick the Mets to even sniff the playoffs, but they won't last long. Pirates finally win a wild card game.

NL Champion - Dodgers over Nats in NLCS

AL East:

Yankees - See above - yeah...everything goes right. The division is no great shakes this year. I think Tex and Beltran hit just enough to support their great pitching. Goes right to the wire.

AL Central:

Indians - My father-in-law and brother-in-law are rabid Indians fans - my son says: "It wouldn't bother me if the Indians won it all, for Grandpa." Well, it would sort of bother me, unfortunately, because my brother-in-law wouldn't shut up if it happens. They will win the division though.

AL West:

Seattle - Still pissed at Cano. I don't wanna' talk about it.

Wild Cards:

Baltimore and Angels with the Angels winning the game.

AL Champion:

Indians - it pains me to say it, but the Yankees season might be a success, as they transition, by just making the playoffs. So, will my father-in-law be thrilled?

Nope.

'Cause the Dodgers will win the World Series.

$270 million in payroll will do that for you.

Worst part?

We get to see stuttering Magic Johnson at the ceremony pretending he knows what a ground-rule double is.

But Don't Be Surprised:

If Girardi gets 90 + out of the Yankees and they win it anyway!

Final Thoughts:

The A's won't be .500 - you can't keep dumping your whole roster and win 90 games every year.

The Phillies won't win 65 games - Philly sports fans gotta' wanna' puke. 76ers are better than the Phils.

The Mets still suck.

The Suck Sux are the suckiest bunch of sucks who ever sucked.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Hot & Dusty