D.B's of the Week - Selfie Takers @ Disaster Sites


What the hell is wrong with people?

This woman is taking a smiling selfie at a gas explosion site in NYC.

People died.

Folks lost their homes.

It's a horrible tragedy.

Of course, giving out the D.B. of the Week award to such D.B's is probably an honor for them.

We are a strange society now, aren't we?

Folks have cameras and turn them on at every possible opportunity.

You know how many selfie's I've taken?

Yeah.

Zero.

First off, I can't figure out the phone. I tried one with a buddy after we finished a round of golf, but he had to take the selfie and send it to me because I had the phone backwards or upside down or something.

I ended up with a shot of the parking lot.

Yet I really can't fathom some of the folks...and the girl in the NY Post photo...was really sorry after her face hit the news...but there were plenty of others.

Don't you know the story?

Do you even care?

A lot of people go to Ground Zero and check it out as well. They take photos of themselves standing there.

I've stopped by Ground Zero a couple of times.

It actually never occurred to me to break out my phone....and perhaps it's because I'm a little older.

We didn't take photos of everything imaginable as I was growing up.

We had freaking Polaroids or we had to take the photos, take the film to be developed and then wait until the pharmacy called to tell us the pictures were done and then we'd get the big pack of photos and find out that we had cropped off the top of everyone's head or we had our thumb over the damn lens.

But all my whining won't get us away from the photo-obsessed, self-obsessed world that we now live in.

Do you know that some young people take photos of their own junk and send them out to people they like?

Can you imagine?

I don't think anyone over 30 or 40 years old can grasp doing such a thing, but like I've said, it won't change.

Perhaps what can change though, is public shaming after taking your photo at a tragedy scene.

D.B's of the week?

Most definitely.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Hot & Dusty