The Green Car


Back in the summer we headed off to Yankee Stadium to wave goodbye to Derek Jeter as we watched the 27-Time World Champion Greatest Franchise in the History of Organized American Sports.

It was a great trip.

My nephew Johnny was along for the ride and a couple of great conversations that prompted him into sending me the photo that is included.

As you will note, Johnny wrote about my 'Green Car' and he signed my name as 'Clifford Clifford'.

Both funny items.

Johnny had been standing next to me when the confused hotel clerk looked at my I.D. but somehow came to this conclusion:

"So," she asked, "Do I have this right? Is your name 'Clifford Clifford?'"

Johnny laughed straight in her face.

Which caused me to laugh straight in her face.

Which caused Sam to laugh straight in her face.

Which eventually caused my beautiful wife to step in and take over because we were laughing in the face of the poor, confused clerk.

Johnny has called me, 'Clifford Clifford' ever since that moment.

The 'green car' comment also originated on that trip because evidently I'm the only person in the family who believes that my car is not blue.

"What color is your car?" that clerk had asked prior to screwing up my name.

"Green," I said.

"It's blue!" Everyone told me.

Yet.

The first time I admit I'm wrong will, well, be the first time.

I still think the car is more green than blue.

Since July we have yanked total strangers out of their lives to ask the question:

"What color is that car?"

Every single one of them...so far...has said 'blue'.

I won't stop until someone agrees that it's green!

'Cause it's green!

So, Johnny sent that photo to me this week.

That's a move that his Dad would certainly make.

Never let them forget a mistake, was straight out of Jeff's playbook.

It brought a smile to my face on a cold day.

Clifford

Clifford.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie