"Rover Loves Freezing, Honestly!"

A story made the rounds on Saturday.

There was video, on social media, of a dog roaming around a back yard. The German Shepherd was on a chain, tied to his dog house.

Outside all day.

Less than zero degrees.

So.

A whole bunch of concerned folks reached out...to the police...and made a huge stink about what they considered to be abuse.

The cops eventually responded.

Now, people live how they want to live. After 50 years on this planet I'm painfully aware of that. But, man, don't mess with dogs!

I get out of bed nice and early every morning.

Before I even hit the shower I turn back to the electric blanket.

I turn it on again so that my dog gets a burst of warmth before staring her day.

I'm on the side of Bring the $%Cing dog in the house!!!

The cops had a look around.

They decided that the dog had a big coat and the freaking dog house was insulated. Never mind that the dog can't turn around in it to get comfortable. They figured that the dog wasn't all that upset about his living conditions.

Yet the cries continued.

If they're gonna' leave the dog outside like that then they shouldn't have a dog!

How do they know that the dog likes to be outside????

Why even have a dog????

BUT...

...as is ever-entertaining in the comment section of anything, there was an alternate side.

Dogs are animals! They come from wolves!! They belong outside!!!

Mind your own business. It's his dog!

(And of course)

YOUR (sic) AN IDIOT!!

('YOUR AN IDIOT' makes me laugh every single time).

I'm biased.

Growing up our dogs were treated as family members.

I've carried on the tradition.

Our dogs are running outside to pee...and we're waiting at the door when they get back in. Their electric blankets are on. They can sit on any couch in the joint. We put chicken broth on their dry food.

And in return...

...they really, really, really love us.

I kinda' thought that was the point.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie