A Legitimate Question

Monday morning was rough.

The football game kept me up an hour past my usual bed time.

The snow was flying as I tucked myself in on Sunday night and the weather report wasn't good.

I opened the door at about 5:45 to let the dogs out and Melky didn't want to go, and Paris was covered in snow as she darted towards the backyard. The cold was numbing.

This sucks, I thought.

But what is to be done?

Howl at the moon?

I cleared my car, started it and ran back to the house.

The school closing list was running across the bottom of the television.

The boys school wasn't listed.

I heard them moving around.

I turned the small heater on (thanks Renaldo) and shoveled a little away from the door. I took Melky and Paris out to get the paper and when I returned the boys were standing in the Yankee room...preparing for the bus ride.

"Did you come back to tell us we don't have to go if we don't want to?" Sam asked.

"No! Why would I do that?" I asked. "My job is to make sure you get educated, get a job someday, and get the hell out of my house."

"Do you want to go to work?" Sam asked.

"No, but I have to," I said.

Sam thought about it for a split-second.

"Why don't we all just go back to bed?" he asked.

We all laughed.

It certainly was a great question.

I thought about it as I moved slowly behind other drivers who also wished they were back in bed.

Ahh, winter in Buffalo.

It's terrific!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie