I'm Gonna' Hunt Him Down


It's been 6 years since the 27-Time World Champion Greatest Franchise in the history of organized sports, the Yankees, won the World Series.

Back then, during the middle of the summer, I ran into a crew of workers on a job site. We started talking baseball and I guaranteed one guy from Boston that the Yankees would win it all.

"If they don't you have to do our training in a dress," Mr. Boston said.

"And if they do, you're wearing one," I answered.

We even shook on it.

Of course, the Yankees beat the hapless Phillies, but I certainly forgot about the bet.

Come February I stood before the room and looked out at the crowd.

There he was.

Bright red dress, pearls, eye liner and lipstick...

...with a full beard.

I believe I said:

"What the $%C&?"

The crowd roared.

So, I rather enjoy the guys I hang around with at that early February training.

But this year the guy who once wore the gown will pay.

He put that Boston Suck Sux license plate on my car.

I saw it instantly.

I didn't have a screwdriver to take it off.

He drove past me and howled out the window.

So I drove 100 miles with it on the back of my car.

I wanted to throw up.

I prayed no one I knew saw me.

There will be payback.

All of them are looking for their training certification.

One of them isn't getting it.

Freaking Bahstawn.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie