D.B. of the Week - Brian 'Forest Gump' Williams


The D.B. of the week award has taken on a life of it's own.

I often get nominations.

People make suggestions all week long.

Usually I just wait...

...and the no-doubt D.B. of the Week emerges.

Brian Williams won it easily this week.

And every single time I write the recap I think to myself:

"This is the D.B. of the year!"

Yet there will be another.

Brian Williams is actually probably begging for the next D.B. to step up.

Like many others, I listened to Brian Williams on the talk shows. He would show up on Letterman or Howard and he'd tell his stories.

He seemed like a honest dude!

There were often funny quips in all of his stories.

So what the hell happened?

Well, it appears he got caught up in something that made him look better, stronger, braver and smarter than he actually is...

...and he just went with it.

Like a whole bunch of others who think they're above reproach, Williams figured he could tell that story forever, and the world would just nod their heads in amazement.

He's been telling the same story for 12 years!

Why wouldn't we believe him?

He even probably believed it too.

What an odd story.

I can certainly understand the men in the armed forces who are angry with Williams.

They should be!

As for the rest of us?

People believe what they want to believe when it makes no sense at all.

We believed him!

He ran with it!!

I don't really hand out the D.B. of the week award.

People step up and claim it.

Brian Williams deserves his award.

What a doozy!

Forest would be proud.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie