D.B. of the Week - Mother Nature!

That bitch!

I can't think of anyone other than Mother Nature to give the award of D.B. of the Week...

...and like all past winners...

She really deserves it.

I had a trip to Kansas City planned for early in the week and I'm not gonna' lie to you...

...as the dates got closer I was looking at the weather report.

Buffalo has been frozen solid for months now. I just wanted a few degrees more.

"Would you check the Kansas City weather," I asked Sam.

"36 degrees," he said. "It was as high as 50 just a few days ago."

Ahh...

Sweet warmth!

I flew out Sunday night. The walk from the car to the terminal was mind-numbing.

"You Bitch!" I yelled.

But I made it.

I boarded the plane.

I would get a little more warmth.

I was listening to the i-pod as we approached. Bob Dylan was in my ear.

"Prepare for landing," the pilot said.

I looked out the side window.

Landing????

It was pure white.

"Silly question," I said. "But where's the ground?"

The guy next to me laughed.

"Blinding snowstorm. He'll be good to get this one down."

That was comforting.

When the wheels finally touched the ground a cheer went up.

"Welcome to Kansas City. It's snowing and it's currently 8 degrees."

I really hate you, Mother Nature.

The entire trip was spent in extreme cold.

The only comforting thing?

It was even colder in Buffalo.

My work trip was a net gain of about 6 degrees.

Can I get in trouble for bashing Mother Nature?

Who cares?

She's D.B. of the Week.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie