Belinda Jenner


The most surprising thing about Bruce Jenner's transformation to Belinda Jenner is that he once was an Olympic athlete who was more of a man than every other man from every other country everywhere.

He was on the Wheaties box.

Every guy wished they were as strong, as quick, as durable as him.

And now, at 65 years of age...

...Bruce Jenner appears intent on becoming a woman.

It's not my business to care, of course, and I suppose that he is free to live her life any way that he wants to, but did she always have these sort of feelings back when he was competing?

That's a confusing sentence, right?

I'm wondering what the kids might think.

Bruce/Belinda has six children, or so, right?

A couple of marriages.

That whole sordid existence with the Kardashians.

What in the hell is going on?

I didn't follow much of it.

I probably wouldn't know Bruce Jenner if he knocked on our front door.

I never followed the Olympics much.

I sure as hell never saw an episode of that reality show.

I don't know how or why he is going to become she, and as a heterosexual male here in the land of the free and the home of the brave, I'm a little confused by all of it.

Was this something that Bruce knew forever and ever?

There are people who believe that he was born that way.

There are others who argue that it is an environmental issue and a choice.

Some believe that he does not have the right to live how she wants to.

I don't know anything about any of it...and it certainly doesn't bother me.

I hope that Belinda is happy.

I sincerely wish him nothing but good luck on her journey.

Because it is HIS/HER journey.

To each her own.

Yet it's a tad shocking...and I don't believe that I'm bias in saying such a thing.

I remember way back in 1983. I was with my Dad and my brother, John in San Francisco, California. We witnessed the gay pride parade back then. We watched from way up on high, in the hotel we were working on, on Mission Street in the heart of the city.

What we saw back then was sort of shocking to us.

We were just small town people and the gay movement was just beginning to take hold.

I remember the puzzled look on Dad's face, but he also seemed to be pondering the differences.

Some of the costumes were outrageous.

We laughed at the gay man dressed as a nun.

We shook our heads at some of the signs and displays.

Dad said one thing that day I won't ever forget:

"It takes all kinds to make the world go 'round."

That's about it, I suppose.

From an Olympic athlete to elderly woman.

Who woulda' thunk it?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie