Ridiculous

There really are times when it seems that life sort of conspires to slap the living shit out of you, right?

Here's what I learned this week:

1). My dog has a disease I never even heard of until a week ago.

2). The vet charges $48 for a bag of saline.

3). When the phone rings once it will ring twelve times in a row, often times beeping in over and over until you want to throw it out the freaking window.

4). Ebola is running rampant - how many one's of people have it now in the U.S.?

5). Relaxing is tiring and the results of relaxing only last about seven minutes into the new work week.

6). 50 feels as shitty as 49.

7). It's getting cold outside.

8). When you fill your car with gas and set off on a long trip you'll just get on the Interstate when the low tire pressure light will come on.

9). When you leave the kids home alone they won't give you a straight answer about what they're doing:

"We're smoking crack and inviting babes over," they told us.

10). It is possible for me to not be able to finish a big dinner!

I had to leave a bit of my birthday dinner to be finished the next day.

Yep.

I left a taste of pasta. I just couldn't finish it!

11). The vet charges $98 for the dog to be able to sleep in a cage.

(I pay less than that for an entire hotel room).

12). We don't control anything.

Yeah. I've been learning that lesson over and over.

Yet there was a real fear in our home when Paris wasn't running around the house and when she was really close to leaving us despite the fact that she's just a young dog.

You could feel it in the texts from the boys who were looking for us to make it better.

I could feel it in my own heart.

Sometimes life is just too ridiculous to live - as John Mellencamp once wrote.

But you fight through.

And in the end you don't really mind paying $72 for the person to take the dog out of her luxury suite to go and take a piss.

Ridiculous.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie