Past, Present & Future

So, I was shooting the breeze with a doctor friend of mine and we started talking about a hundred years from now and how exciting life will most likely be by then. There will most certainly be unbelievable advancements in technology and who knows?

Maybe we will have figured out how to live by then.

I think of my grandfather's life that spanned the invention of the automobile, the air travel being perfected and on down to all of the advancements in entertainment including television.

What an amazing time to be alive.


But it always fascinates me to look back as well and the gas masks on the kids during the world wars is mind-boggling, isn't it? My parents remember all of the sirens going off when they were children and there had to be a lot of panic involved, right?

I remember the fallout shelter stuff as the nuclear devastation was thoroughly discussed when I was a kid. There are still fallout shelters around and I can't fathom having to live out very long in a vault.

(Especially with my beautiful wife and kids)

You know?

That would be creepy.

Eating freeze-dried stuff.

In a confined area.

I'd run outside about twenty minutes into the apocalypse.

Any-who-ha...

What about the social shifts along the way?

I watch the old television shows because I enjoy the long gowns and the demure look of the women. Men in top hats. Holding doors. Going out dancing.

It all seemed fairly classy.


This is supposedly a man begging his wife for forgiveness just outside of a divorce court.

How many words could you get out of that photo?

I could do a book, I think...

...and that is what is fascinating about the day in front of you.

You can look forward and fantasize.

You can look back and reminisce.

And the day you have...right now...today...is there to be lived.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie