D.B. of the Week - Cliff Fazzolari

Yeah.

There's a real movement afoot to declare myself as the D.B. of the week.

Okay.

Here it is:

"Well I've built my own little dungeheap and here I sit flinging the shit about," - Charles Bukowski (speaking of Cliff Fazzolari)


The Buffalo Bills play each week.

I spend a lot of the week leading up to the game trying to agitate anyone who'll listen to me. You see, the Bills have gone 14 years without making the playoffs and not only did I get fed up with the hope, I started to speak loudly against it.

They always draft the wrong guy.

They cost us too much in taxes.

They're a bunch of criminals.

You've heard the rants.

Well, this week, I went a bit too far as far as my kids were concerned.

"Geno Smith is better than Kyle Orton," I proclaimed.

Truth be told, I didn't believe it.

In fact, gun to my head and I must admit that I thought the Bills would win to go to 5 and 3 on the year.

More honesty?

They have a chance to break their string of non-playoff years, and they finally got a draft pick right as Sammy Watkins is a great talent. He's fast. He's tough and he can make a difference.

Okay...

Cut to the game.

Geno Smith threw a pick right after the Bills scored.

On the next drive he threw another one.

On the drive after that: Interception.

The Bills were dominating.

The kids started talking about D.B. of the week.

"You pick on everyone else for saying stupid crap," Jake explained. "You said the dumbest thing I ever heard."

I hear ya'.

Congrats to me.

D.B. of the week.

The Bills play the Chiefs next.

My prediction?

Chiefs 31 Bills 20.

I'm just flinging the shit about.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Nice mea culpa

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie