Baseball Playoffs!!!!

There was a point during one of the Royals-Orioles games when it hit me that football is a waaaaaayyyyyy more popular sport than baseball.

And I will never be able to figure that out.

There's a flag on the play!!!

But I get it, I guess (people like to gamble)

But this isn't about football...it's about baseball!

I got over my no Yankees in the playoffs angst quickly because I wanted to watch the games, and because I don't really cry when they lose anymore.

(Okay, I cry a little).

But I thought:

A's over Royals in the Wild Card Game and Pirates over Giants.

Neither of those things happened, but surely Detroit would beat Baltimore, the Angels would sweep the Royals, the Giants would lose to the Nationals and the Dodgers (with their ridiculous payroll) would beat up the Cards.

None of those things happened.

I got every single series wrong!

But Baltimore would finally beat the Royals and the Cards would certainly beat the Giants!!

Uh...nope...the Royals swept the Orioles and the Giants raced to three wins rather quickly.

So, who do I think will win the World Series?

Who cares what I think?????

I'm a dopey bastard!

And the thing that has been amazing about it is that every single game has been a good game. The pitching has been good, the defense has been unreal and there haven't been any really controversial calls that have twisted the outcome of the game.

None of the players have been arrested.

Even Tim McDumbass is gone.

The playoffs have been just about perfect even though I haven't got a single thing right.

Hell, I don't even have to listen to all of the Baltimorons crow about da' O's, hon - because they were swept the hell out...and they can't possibly brag about winning the division, right?

(In Yankee land winning the division and losing in the playoffs is akin to finishing dead last).

But here we are.

One more big series left.

Now if we could just get rid of Joe Buckhead.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie