Suck Sux

So Boston won the World Series.

The third time in the last ten years.

The Patriots have been good for quite awhile.

The Celtics won a title recently.

So did the Bruins.

Yippeee!

Years ago my hate for the Red Sox was palpable. I couldn't stand Manny, or Pedro, or Ortiz. I hated Millar and Clemens and Damon. I couldn't stand Boggs or Jim Rice or even Yaz.

I vowed that I would never step foot in that city.

And then I was invited there for a book event that I had to attend.

We all know what happened when I landed - I went straight to Fenway and the long plane ride resulted in a bit of confusion as I had to take a quick leak.

It was good for a laugh.

I went around the city, and the worst sort of thing happened...I kind of enjoyed it.

"It's a nice city," I said to my beautiful wife on the call home.

"With a baseball problem," she said.

I spoke to a friend of mine back here who grew up in Boston. He was giddy with the fact that I enjoyed my time there...so he took it personally...he was going to get me inside Fenway Park.

He sent me Bruce tickets.

So I went. My beautiful wife went with me.

Bruce made that place come alive.

"It's a great park," I told my buddy when I got back.

He laughed:

"You're getting soft," he said.

Well.

I'm here to tell you that I'm not.

I'm not happy.

Boston Strong?

Nope.

Boston Sucks!

Congrats!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie