Happy Birthday, Mommy

A mother is a person who seeing there are only four pieces of pie for five people, promptly announces she never did care for pie. -Tenneva Jordan

My Mom just keeps showing all of us how tough she is. She had her hip replaced this year. It was just part of it all. She didn't really bitch about it. She didn't do the woe is me that I'm so famous for.

She's just so tough.

Being a full-time mother is one of the highest salaried jobs in my field, since the payment is pure love. -Mildred B. Vermont

And we all love her...no doubt about it. Not a single day goes by when we don't hope that she's smiling and happy. Despite it all.

The phrase "working mother" is redundant. -Jane Sellman

No one ever worked harder than my Mom. Our dirty shirts never got a chance to even hit the floor. I couldn't help but laugh when I'd think, "Damn, I just wore that shirt."

I remember my mother's prayers and they have always followed me. They have clung to me all my life. -Abraham Lincoln

There's no doubt that her love has stuck to us, every day.

Every hour.

Every minute.

The heart of a mother is a deep abyss at the bottom of which you will always find forgiveness. -Honoré de Balzac

Her sons and daughters have always been the apples in those eyes. The love of a mother is astounding.

Not too many things out there are more pure.

In all my efforts to learn to read, my mother shared fully my ambition and sympathized with me and aided me in every way she could. If I have done anything in life worth attention, I feel sure that I inherited the disposition from my mother. -Booker T. Washington


Mom taught me all about reading and writing. The greatest gift ever given to me. It's not even close.

Grown don't mean nothing to a mother. A child is a child. They get bigger, older, but grown? What's that suppose to mean? In my heart it don't mean a thing. -Toni Morrison, Beloved

And the heartbreak of our lives is the heartbreak that she's felt in hers. Love is a circular thing when its unconditional. We are all still the same little babies that entered the world under her care. She never gave up that feeling of needing to take great care.

A mother's happiness is like a beacon, lighting up the future but reflected also on the past in the guise of fond memories. -Honoré de Balzac

So a Happy Birthday wish to a Mom really is a lot more than just a couple of words on a scribbled card and a gift card to Red Lobster.

Youth fades; love droops; the leaves of friendship fall; A mother's secret hope outlives them all. -Oliver Wendell Holmes

So Happy Birthday, Mom.

See what that gift of reading and writing brought me?

Life began with waking up and loving my mother's face. -George Eliot

You only get one Mommy.

A mother's love is patient and forgiving when all others are forsaking, it never fails or falters, even though the heart is breaking. -Helen Rice

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie