Knockout Game

Can it be real?

People walking up to other people in the street and hitting them to see if they can knock them out cold.

The game, evidently, is catching on all over and there is another group out there yelling that perhaps it shouldn't be spoken of because it encourages others to give the game a go.

Really?

Are there really people out there who think, 'Wow, what a cool game, I wanna' play it!'?

I just can't fathom it at all.

One of the victims was a 78-year-old woman. A 28-year old man allegedly walked up to a 78-year-old woman and punched her hard enough to knock her out.

You can't even write a sentence like that and not want to throw up all over the keyboard.

But it's truly not surprising to me.

There's way too much violence on the streets of American no matter where you stand on any of the issues.

Just way too much.

The respect seems to be gone. The compassion seems to be gone.

But right when I think of that, I think of the millions and millions of people who are disgusted by these types of stories.

I think of all the people I've known in my life.

I'm truly not certain that I've ever met a man who could be so callous and uncaring. I certainly hope that I haven't. But, you never really know, right?

And there will be people out there who will blame the video games, or the fall of the family, or the lack of religious influence, or Obama, or Bush, or whoever they hate in their own lives.

It's not all of us.

It's most likely probably no one you know.

It's a handful of sick people.

That's all.

I feel for the victims and I hope that those responsible are punished. I don't root that they get beat up too. I really don't.

That would be furthering the game some how.

These people are playing the wrong game, and sometimes it's embarrassing to the people who are playing the right one.

Just plain embarrassing.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie