Incognito

What do you make of this story of the Miami Dolphins lineman Richie Incognito?

If all of what is being said is true this guy appears to be a real genius, right?

Texting messages of hate and racism to a fellow player?

It appears that he drove the guy nuts with repeated threats and intimidation.

I read a few of the supposed messages and a lot about the relationship between the two men and all I can say is:

ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?????

Back about thirty years ago things were a lot different out in the world. There were a lot of instances of bullying that sort of went unreported. Teachers used to think that you were whining if you complained about another guy torturing you. If you reported it, you were considered wimpy. The only advice you ever got in regard to bullying is that you had to 'stand up to the guy doing the bullying.'

Well, I can't say that I was over-exposed much to bullying. There was one mean bastard in high school who really picked on me quite a bit when I was back in 8th grade, and I went out of my way to avoid the guy. I can remember being confused. I didn't know the guy very well and I just had no idea why he hated me.

But he did.

I didn't think standing up to him was a very bright idea, however, because I figured he'd kick my ass.

He abruptly stopped picking on me one day though.

I remember it as if it were yesterday.

I scored a couple of goals in hockey in gym class. He happened to be on the other team. My team won.

As I got changed after gym he came over to me in the locker room setting and very loudly announced that he was going to beat the shit out of me as soon as I left the locker room.

My buddy Jeff was standing right there.

"That's probably not a great idea," he said to the little bully.

And that was the end of it.

I never got picked on again.

So, perhaps the standing up to a bully is effective if the bully is afraid.

This Incognito guys appears to be severely limited in social graces. He was tossed from Nebraska. He has been on 3 different teams. There don't seem to be a lot of people in his corner right now.

Will he be run out of the league?

Will he get the help he needs?

If he loses his job will his anger escalate until we see him shooting up the world?

Is he allowed to carry a gun?

(Oh that's right...it's his right).

They say that he played for the Bills for 3 games.

I don't remember him being here. He was cut fairly quickly.

Damn.

The guy seems like a real special person.

I hope the league shuts him out, but then again, that might make him real angry.

Perhaps my buddy Jeff can cure him.

Comments

deafjeff said…
He was framed!

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie