I'm Being Tortured

I must have heard the words 'Black Friday' 70,000 times yesterday. Those two words were mentioned in every other commercial.

The other commercials featured Bill Cowher and Michael Bolton.

I am not a fan of either man.

And Cowher may have been a great football coach, but he is an absolutely horrific cue card reader. I've always been of the mind that acting takes a certain talent...see Gandolfini...and is readily apparent when it can't be pulled off...see Keeanu Reaves...and Bill Freaking Cowher.

When he says:

"Oh, and Helen, good coffee," I want to throw something through my television screen.

And Michael Bolton?

Where they hell did they dig him up?

His voice is like fingernails on a chalkboard.

And have you listened to the lyrics they fed him?

"Christmastime is here. I love this time of year."

Who wrote that?

Bill Cowher?

And try as I might I just can't get away from it.

I'm kind of stuck in my seat for awhile.

I've been doing a lot of reading, and checking the computer, and even writing a little just two days in, but there's definitely some television time being logged.

But back to Black Friday.

Has it always been this way?

I don't seem to remember Black Friday from when I was a kid.

Of course it has grown to epic proportions and people are now even skipping Thanksgiving to do it, but I wonder...is it a recent creation?

Last 30 years?

It got me wondering...

...are there Black Friday discounts on college tuition?

Or chicken patties?

(I seem to buy those by the truckloads).

Anywhoha...

That's all from here.

Next time you see Cowher or Bolton think of me and pray I don't rifle the remote through the screen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie