An Itch On the Brain


We were watching The Big Bang Theory the other night and Leonard and Sheldon were talking about a task that Leonard had left undone. The failure to complete the task caused Sheldon angst.

"You don't understand. When something is left hanging it causes an itch on my brain and makes me feel uncomfortable."

That right there has been all of the angst in my married life.

It scares me to think, but they make fun of poor Shelly for being weird on the show. I certainly see myself in some of his actions, and of course, we are both geniuses.

Yet it got me thinking.

Why am I that way?

"Just leave it, I'll do it," my beautiful wife will say.

Yet it can't be left.

It'll make my brain itch.

"We'd help him if we didn't have to do everything according to the sick clock in his twisted mind," Sam once famously said.

The above photo shows a shot of Albert Einstein's desk on the morning of his death.

Absolutely cluttered.

I'd have a heart attack being face with such a desk.

Yet he was considered a smart guy.

So, perhaps the cluttered mind also works.

That's terrific news for my wife.

There are days when I have to just close the door to her room because I feel light-headed looking in on the scattered papers.

"How can you live like this?" I'll ask.

"Get out!" She'll answer.

Who woulda' thunk she's like Einstein?

And I'm sure the balance lies somewhere in between, where we sometimes meet, as long as I'm the guy doing the uncluttering.

Yet I don't have a single email, or a leftover text or voice message. I'd be happy if I somehow started at complete zero each day.

"There's something wrong with you," Jake tells me two or three times a week.

You think?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie