BINGO!!!!

I woke up on Sunday morning knowing the date...January 27th...a shitty day. One of those days that we, as a family dread, as it was the day when Jeff was stricken.

I headed off to do some of the chores that are critical to a family...grocery shopping, mainly. I tried to ignore the date on top of the paper, on my phone, and on the Yankee calendar that hangs in my office.

Then I saw Sam running around and he mentioned it. And I grunted a bit. Then he asked about my Mom.

"What's she doing today?"

I didn't know yet.

A little while later I went to Facebook. Sam had written this:

‎4 years ago today was a horrible day for everyone. The funniest man on the planet was hurt. And that just shows that you should spend every single waking moment with your family because you never know when it will be the last. Our family isn't even close to being the same after that. So even if your mad at someone you should just forgot about it because your family. Every family party is not the same without uncle Jeff. He would just brighten the mood. Uncle Jeff would come in with a joke and will just go the whole time making the family laugh. This is one of the worst days in the Fazzolari's life.


I had to acknowledge the date. I couldn't stop a few tears from heading down my face.

"I called Grandma," Sam said when I saw him next. "She's meeting us for Bingo and then coming for pasta."

Now, know for a fact that I hate Bingo, because I never win. I never even actually get close either. It sucks!

We started playing. I got a headache. The women were shouting out 'Bingo' all around us.

"This sucks," I said. "If I ever win at this damn game I'm gonna' dance."

Sam laughed. "We'll spike the marker and dance like we scored a touchdown."

Mom laughed too.

An hour later I gave up.

"My streak is going to continue," I said. "49 years old and I've never yelled 'Bingo.'"

We started the last game. It was a coverall. I had little hope after the outside edge prize was claimed.

"I need 3," I said.

"50 numbers called," my mother said. "You better get 'em fast."

"G 60," the lady called.

"I need two," I said.

"O 61," the woman called.

"One more," I said. "Get ready to dance," I told Sam.

The woman called an N number.

"I need I 16," I said.

Sam made the sign of the cross.

"Come on, Uncle Jeff," he said.

"I 16," the woman said.

"BINGO!!!" I yelled, and without even thinking about it Sam joined me behind our seats and we did a terrific dance.

Half the crowd laughed.

Half the crowd gasped.

My mother was laughing.

"I've never seen anyone dance before," she said.

As we hit the door Sam was still laughing.

"I asked Uncle Jeff," he said.

"And he heard you," I answered.

BINGO!!!!!!

BITCHES!!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie