A Great Night


The New England Book Festival was really cool.

That was what I remember thinking as I sat on a panel with 4 other authors and we spoke to an audience about our writing journey. I felt relaxed and comfortable, and I can remember thinking that I was getting my message out. The message about my family. The message about the Women & Children's Hospital of Buffalo. The message of Anthony Stinson and Olivia Stockmeyer.

But the night was about meeting the other authors who received awards.

I had dinner with John Brubaker a New England based author, speaker and coach. A great guy -for a Steelers fan in New England -(He also likes the Yankees). John is a family man, a lover of spring rolls and a well-thought out, marketing genius (compared to me, for sure).

I had an after the ceremony drink with three authors. Jeanne Selander Miller, a woman who's book 'A Breath Away' also won in the non-fiction category, which is tough because she suffered loss. A beautiful woman with a story to tell.

'A Special Journey From Sister Mary Kateri to Sister Mary Vodka,' is also a story that I will be reading soon as the author, Patty Ptak Kogutek, had a change of habit going from a life as a nun to a life as a truly spiritual woman of grace and style. She brought the party to life and her hubby was the perfect compliment to her - "We will be a better world when we go from the love of power to the power of love."

(I hope I didn't screw that up).

Another connection that I made was with the Doc. The book is called, "Nigger for Life," and the message contained is so powerful and Dr. Neal Hall is such a presence. A great guy with a brilliant message and a light that shines.

The world needs more people like those mentioned above.

And for the first time at any of the events I felt like a peer. It took 8 awards and 10 books to get that feeling!

"Your heart is too big for your chest," Dr. Hall messaged me on Monday. "I enjoyed every minute of our time together."

Me too, Doc, and John and Jeanne, and Sister Mary Vodka!

It was a great night.

Special thanks to Bruce and Lisa for doing a great job.

As usual.

Comments

Unknown said…
I agree with Dr. Hall's diagnosis... your heart is too big for your chest. Then again, I saw how you took down those hors d'eauvres so I might that your appetite is too. ;-)
Cliff Fazzolari said…
Thanks John. Just read it over...mention your book! I didn't get the name in there!!

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Hot & Dusty