Flowing Like a River

Where does the time go?

It seems like it was about two weeks ago when my buddy Jeff asked me if I could babysit his son Jason so that he could go out for an evening with his beautiful wife Kathy. I can remember how scared I was to watch an infant and I also remember wondering if they were crazy for allowing me to do so.

All ended well as Jason fell asleep on my chest as we watched a college football game.

Fast-forward to now.

If Jason fell asleep on my chest he'd crush me and it certainly wouldn't look right.

Jeff and his beautiful wife did a wonderful job of raising three great kids and their middle son - a true wise-ass who owes me $50 in Yankee bets - is about a month away from making Jeff and Kathy a grandma and a grandpa. (Well, his wife is).

That's just crazy to me!

Then to top it off, their beautiful daughter Hannah - my God-Daughter - is now on my Twitter Feed and a Friend on Facebook and she's in college and she's funny and beautiful!

And I suppose that life would be awfully boring (and awfully expensive) if the kids stayed small, but it sort of catches you by surprise, doesn't it?

And you try as hard as you can to think about all of the things that went into the time when you were nervous about babysitting to where we are now.

Just plain nuts.

Yet, to be honest with you I'm really writing this blog about a wonderful, tremendous family for just one reason:

KATHY IS GOING TO BE A GRANDMA!

Okay, two reasons.

JEFFY IS GOING TO BE A GRANDPA!!

And that's just awesome.

Congrats.

And please let A.J. know.

I don't babysit anymore.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie