What God Might Say

So, Obama stepped out on a limb and basically said that gay was okay as far as marriage goes.

It's a lightning rod issue for a lot of people and as I try and get my head around what it means, I struggle, really struggle to figure out how it can generate so much hate.

1). Isn't it strange that the party that wants less interference is interfering on such an issue?

2). If two gay guys get married, or two gay girls get joined in holy matrimony how will it change my life? The man and woman union seems a bit cantankerous as well.

3). Who's business is it anyway what people want, like, or don't like?

4). Who am I to say how you can spend your day? I get one vote in all of this. I won't try and change yours. Leave mine alone.

5) Everyone should enjoy the love and companionship of their "soul mate" or the person that makes them happy.

So, that's basically my stand.

And someone mentioned to me that it was against my religious beliefs.

Religion is the lightning rod here, right?

Is it against my religious beliefs?

The fact that I don't have any thought against something shouldn't have a bearing on how or why I attend mass, should it?

The way I look at it...

...Love thy neighbor.

Those are the 3 words that drive my life.

I love some more than others. I actually don't love some. I sort of love some and sort of hate some, sorry to say. The ones that affect my life are the one's I hate - so I try to keep those to a minimum - and hating a whole section of people because of what they love isn't a reason to hate, right?

Did you follow all that?

It makes sense if you break it down.

And I don't know...I went to a lot of religious classes as a kid. I went to a Catholic grammar school and a Catholic University. We proved the existence of God in one class. We talked a lot about the loving and merciful God and the element of free will.

If God is so against homosexuality as some might believe then fine, those who dabble in that lifestyle may have to pay.

I won't.

What I would pay for is having hate in my heart for people I don't even know, or judging others from a vantage point of limited understanding of what is in their heart.

It's not for me to say.

And that's how I look at it when I glance into the fire pit of all religion. I do know one thing for sure...someone might consider me stupid for my thoughts on it.

Perhaps.

But I don't judge your stance. That isn't up to me.

Should it be legal? Should it not be legal?

I don't know.

Don't ask me.

Not my judgement.

Let God speak on it.

But don't tell me you know His stance, either.

Comments

Anonymous said…
How about this idea.....
If your against gay marriage. Don't marry someone of the same sex.
Cliff Fazzolari said…
That would prove the point
deafjeff said…
Which Bible is it that God says He hates certain groups that He made?
Cliff Fazzolari said…
That's what really gets me about it, Pops

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie