Another OJ Trial

I hear that the Juice is looking to break loose of jail. His lawyers have prepared a motion to get him out of that 9 to 33 year charge for robbery and brute force when he tried to get his memorabilia back from some bad guys in Vegas.

I say we get on board.

Remember the trial for the double murders?

Wasn't that great television?

Al Cowlings, Chris Darden, Greta, Marcia Clark, Kato, Faye Resnick, Cochran...man those were the days.

I worked with one specific company back then. I shared an office with a black guy and we put the trial on the radio and laughed and cackled and talked back to whoever was telling the most lies. We were both of the opinion that the Juice was, indeed a murderer, but there was something strange about all of it, wasn't there?

Television every night tries to fictionalize something so powerful and riveting as the OJ case. There was a low speed chase, violence, phantom golf swings, a run to McDonald's, cut hands, bloody gloves, sex, power, fame and money.

Wouldn't it be nice if we could all bond together again as a country and listen to the details of such a sordid affair?

But no, the Juice is not loose as of this writing. He took all that money and fame and all the goodwill that he had from everyone and with a few quick cuts, he ruined everything and killed two people.

Man.

But there are people still on his side. I have read things that people have said about his being put away on that charge in Vegas. He's the only guy still in jail. He didn't even know there were guns involved. He just wanted his autographs back.

And I often think of Orenthal. It still blows my mind, nearly twenty years later that he could rip apart such a charmed life.

He wasn't just an ex-jock. People absolutely loved him here in Buffalo. He was Nordberg for crying out loud!

I also think of those who were involved in that trial too. What the hell happened to all of them?

Has anyone seen Kato lately?

Marcia Clark?

Darden?

I read a lot of the books written about it - I couldn't read anything OJ "wrote" - and I marvel at the fact that he was set free.

Will we ever have another case like that one?

I hope not, actually because what people forgot during all the sensationalism was that two young people died.

But another OJ trial for this memorabilia stuff?

It might actually make for good television.

Why the hell not?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie