My Mother Wouldn't Breast Feed Me...

...She said we were just friends.

Did you see the cover of Time Magazine with the four-year-old kid latched on to his mother's breast? They were both standing and the kid was smiling as if to say, "See what my mommy does for me?"

Now I don't know what the article says. I actually read just a little bit about it. I guess the woman is explaining that being a latch parent makes the kid stronger. She advocates letting the kid suckle for much longer than the 6 months or so that a reasonably stable woman might do. She also feels that it is to the kid's advantage to share her bed with her for the same number of years.

Like Ted Bundy's Mom did.

Seriously, does this sound right to you?

I can't imagine a mother picking her son up from kindergarten and giving him his afternoon snack during the car ride home.

Obviously there are health benefits to breast-feeding...that's what they say anyway...but taking a thermos of breast milk to your junior high lunch break seems a bit much to me.

My beautiful wife knew what the hell was going on with the kids. When they were infants the kids and I had one thing in common - we were scared of each other.

Lord knows I wasn't about to try and breast feed them although I may have been able to do a reasonable facsimile.

"What do you think of a 4-year-old breastfeeding?" I asked Kathy.

"Weird," she said.

Of course I don't want to be close-minded about it.

I'll read the article.

I'll give the crazy lady the benefit of the doubt before I dismiss her as nuts.

I'll try not to joke about something that I haven't really researched. Perhaps I am wrong.

As noted, of course, I used the old Rodney Dangerfield joke to start the blog.

What a classic.

It sort of gives a whole new appreciation for Mother's Day, doesn't it?

I can't imagine what that kid is going to think ten years down the line when his buddies are showing him the old Time magazine cover of him getting some from his mother.

All right, so I didn't refrain from joking until I read the article.

Just seems weird at first glance.

I'll keep you abreast of my feelings on the matter.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie